Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 22 January 2011

Info Post
I still have several more video clips and a number of pics from my Texas trip to post but it was just such a great birding day here near home that I had to post these now. I drove up the Bighorn Sheep Canyon that runs along the Arkansas River from just west of Canon City to the town of Howard. Near the town of Cotopaxi I found these Bald Eagle perched on a snag tree on the other side of the highway and the river, between 125-150 feet away--(not close but with my 300mm lens, 1.4 extender and 1.6 multiplier for not having a full frame camera, it was the equivalent of about a 900 mm lens).
If you look close, the eagle has a feather stuck on top of it's bill. Just double-click on each pic for close-up views (these pics are good enough quality to enlarge fairly nicely). This might have come from when it groomed itself or possibly from some bird it consumed. SeEtta

0 comments:

Post a Comment